Enduring understandings and essential questions are part of meaning-making. In your mini-unit, you will be addressing only one standard. For this discussion, draft two understandings and two essential questions that support meaning-making and transfer for your students in regard to the standard.
- Indicate the standard you are addressing in your mini-unit.
- Share two understandings and two essential questions you have developed to support that standard.
- Explain how these understandings and essential questions align to the standard.
- Describe your process for creating the understandings and essential questions.
- What was your thought process?
- How did you determine that the understandings were critical to the topic and that the essential questions were essential?